Thursday, March 31, 2011

Go ahead, make my day

For the longest time, this little poem was hanging up in my grandmother's kitchen.  My grandmother was so much fun; she was the epitome of kind.  I remember going places with her - to her neighborhood grocery store, or going out to dinner, and everyone knew her.  No, it was more than that -- everyone was so happy to see her.  She was so friendly to all she would happen to meet...she was like a ray of sunshine!
 
She's been gone for nearly six years, and it now hangs on my refrigerator.  It's so...simple, isn't it?  The smallest action really can make someone's day.  I can't help wondering what the world would be like if each day every person looked for ways to do one kind thing for another person, just something simple to brighten someone else's day...something simple to spread a little sunshine... 
 
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment